Commissioned evaluations determine whether the structure, performance and other factors of essential fire prevention equipment stipulated by national standards (excluding 12 products that are covered by mandatory inspections) comply with technical standards regulated by the national government following applications for requests using four evaluation methods (comprehensive evaluations, model evaluations, model optional evaluations, validated evaluations).
Commissioned evaluations can be classified into three types of evaluations according to the type of work conducted: quality evaluations, accreditation, evaluations of specific products.
Quality evaluation items
Special fire fighting equipment
(chemical fire fighting pump truck)
Fire suction hose
Power driven fire pump
Tests are carried out on the construction, function, performance and other factors of a particular model based on predetermined technical standards, and the model is certified as conforming to technical standards.
Model conformity evaluations
Testing is carried out to determine whether or not individual units of fire equipment conform to the construction, material, performance and other factors of the certified model. Products that pass a lot appraisal have an approval mark attached.
However, for special pump vehicles and special fire extinguishing equipment for fire vehicles, each individual unit is evaluated as to whether or not it conforms to construction, material, performance and other factors.
Conduct evaluations and check that special fire-fighting equipment such as special fire prevention trucks that have undergone overhauls and other maintenance comply with technical standards related to special fire-fighting equipment.
Quality evaluation marking
* Tools and equipment requiring voluntary indication are provided with indication stating compliance with technical standards by manufacturers involved in manufacturing or importing work. Only products that comply and have been provided with voluntary indication conducted by the manufacturer can be sold or marketed. On request, JFEII conducts quality evaluations for tools and equipment requiring voluntary indication, and in addition to a voluntary indication, a quality evaluation compliance symbol is provided for products that JFEII deems to comply with standards.
Items showing JFEII approval do not need individual inspection during fire extinguishing inspections at time of installation to confirm performance.
- Automatic fire alarm equipment area alarm devices
- Emergency bells and automatic sirens for emergency alarm equipment
- Emergency public address systems for emergency alarm equipment
- Central control panel
- Package type automatic fire extinguishing systems
- Sprinkler systems using discharge-type heads
- Indoor fire hydrants
- Foam fire extinguishers for specific parking areas
|Sound pressure test of emergency alarm devices||Central control panel|
Conduct comprehensive evaluations of the effectiveness of sprinkler systems using discharge-type heads before installation.
Give approval to models that meet technical standards.
Model conformity evaluations
Perform factory inspections and data verification tests of individual fire extinguishing devices and tools.
Evaluation of specific product
The evaluation is carried out by the Technical Appraisal Board of experts for special fire equipment.
Fire equipment approved by the evaluation are indicated as such. Currently, evaluations are carried out for the following equipments:
- Specific fire outbreak control devices (fixed fire extinguishers, impulse fire extinguishing guns, heads for fire detection)
- Specific warning evacuation devices (detection lifters, descending devices,
- Specific fire-fighting equipment (high pressure pumps)
|Enclosed water spray extinguishing
equipment in parking lots
|Discharge test on high pressure pump|
Evaluation of specific product marking